One 'Quarterlife' to Live
March 31, 2008 4:27 PM
The last month or so haven’t been terribly kind to “Quarterlife.” The original Web series from thirtysomething” creators Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick made waves when it was picked up for broadcast by NBC during the writers strike, when the network was strapped for fresh content.
The series was quickly shipped to sister channel Bravo after it imploded on NBC in its first airing on Feb. 26, pulling in record-low ratings for its time slot.
Bravo, in turn, ran the entire seven-episode series on Sunday, March 8, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
That’s right, original episodes of a show that was going to reside in prime time broadcast real estate was now competing against Sunday morning news programs and cartoons.
Bravo hasn’t shown “Quarterlife” since then, and NBCU said it isn’t sure whether it will ever air the show again.
“NBC has proven that content that no one watched online can also be watched by no one on TV,” Keith Richman, CEO of Break Media, said about the show.
"Quarterlife" was canceled again, in a sense, as a scheduled Paley Center for Media panel about the show was axed days before its scheduled March 28 date.
For now, “Quarterlife” is back at its home at www.quarterlife.com.