AETN's First Postcard from the Palais
April 13, 2007 11:05 AM
AETN International is a bit different from other exhibitors at MIP TV, making our market objectives a bit more complex. We are both buyer and seller – and our activities including content syndication to free, pay TV, and digital media outlets, format licensing, program acquisitions, and of course operating a growing suite of international channels.
With so many different types of companies attending MIP TV and our diverse mix of businesses, it can be uniquely productive week – to the tune of 15-20 meetings per day per AETN team member. Goals for this market include:
1. Continued growth in international syndication, including "Sons of Hollywood," "Blood Diamonds," and "Criss Angel Mindfreak."
2. Deepening our relationships with key channel distribution partners – and thinking with them about how our brands – The History Channel, The Biography Channel, Crime & Investigation Network, The History Channel HD – match their needs and captivate subs.
3. Continued development of our digital media practice – exploiting the range of programming we have available and our strong partner roster; rollout of our newest products.
4. Strategic and operational planning sessions with our local channel management continue to drive growth across our markets.
5. Getting a few moments of sleep and a few minutes away from the Groundhog Day feeling at the Palais, Majestic, Carleton, and Martinez. [This last one is nearly impossible].
Look forward to checking in with you over the next few days to give you the updates!