CEO of Sir Simon Cowell's Production Company Unexpectedly Exiting. Wait a Minute: 'Sir' Simon? Yes, There's a Report That's in the Cards For 2011 Deadline.com; The Mail on Sunday
Ellis Watson, the chief executive of Simon Cowell's Syco production company, is leaving after 10 months at the company, reports Deadline.com.
While there are reports that the split comes amid Cowell's reputation for being a hands-on manager, Watson said that the pair "got on bloody beautifully." He added, "The idea that Simon has been micro-managing is bollocks." Watson said he was leaving for family reasons. Sony Music Entertainment, which co-owns Syco, isn't presently looking to replace Watson, the story notes.
Separately, Cowell is in line for a knighthood, reports U.K. publication the Mail on Sunday.
Says the article, "The Mail on Sunday understands that the 51-year-old X Factor judge and media mogul is being lined up for the title when the 2011 Honours list is unveiled on December 31....The knighthood is primarily an acknowledgment of Cowell’s charity fundraising for victims of the Haiti earthquake earlier this year."
That story adds, "Last year Cowell put his chances at getting a Knighthood at ‘less than zero’ but admitted that ''Sir Simon' has a nice ring to it'. He added: ‘I never did all this to get a knighthood. I am very lucky to do what I do and feel privileged.’
Cowell Cleans Up Nicely--Here he meets the Queen at a Royal Variety performance: