Cuba Gooding Jr. May Be Off the Hook Fox News
Cuba Gooding Jr.’s brush with the law in New Orleans appears to be winding down, with the bartender who accused him of shoving her around now indicating she won’t press charges.
Managers at the New Orleans restaurant where the alleged incident took place said Wednesday that the bartender does not intend to pursue criminal charges, Fox News reports.
The report notes: “On Tuesday, police issued an arrest warrant on a misdemeanor charge of municipal battery for the 44-year-old Gooding. Police say the bartender at the century-old Old Absinthe House told them that Gooding became upset after patrons started asking him to pose for photos with them at about 3 a.m. that morning. The bartender told investigators that Gooding pushed her after she asked him to calm down and again after she told him he should leave and that police had been called.”
Gooding reportedly met with police Wednesday morning and received a court summons.
A spokeswoman for the restaurant issued a statement later Wednesday, saying: "It is our understanding the employee involved in the alleged altercation has chosen to drop all charges against Mr. Cuba Gooding Jr. While we continue to investigate this matter internally, we are hopeful that this will put an end to the matter."
A spokesman for the city said: "The witness indeed has indicated that she is likely to drop the charges. If she does, and after prosecutors review the evidence, a determination will be made as to whether to dismiss the charges."
Gooding reportedly has an arraignment set for Friday.