Cause of 'Buckwild' Star's Death Determined THR
Officials have determined the cause of death for 21-year-old Shain Gandee, a star of the MTV reality series “Buckwild.” Gandee and two other men were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning, according to The Hollywood Reporter, which cites the Kanawha County Sheriff's Office.
The West Virginia resident was found dead in his 1984 Ford Bronco along with his uncle and a third person on a country road. Some had speculated that the car's tailpipe was submerged in mud, creating an exhaust backup that killed the three men, as previously reported.
The sheriff's office said the deaths were accidental.
Gandee's family said that family members believe he died peacefully without pain or suffering, the story notes.