Coroner: Cory Monteith Was Downing Champagne and Shooting Heroin on the Night He Died TMZ
The late "Glee" actor Cory Monteith was drinking champagne and shooting heroin on the evening he died, according to the final coroner's report, TMZ.com reports.
The report says responders found a "spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle," as well as two empty champagne bottles and glasses in the room. The report lists the cause of death as "mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol."
Because he had stopped using alcohol and drugs during rehab, he may have had a lower tolerance, the coroner's report suggests.
The coroner's report notes that the actor "had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs."
Monteith died at age 31.