In Depth

NBC Renews ‘Celebrity Apprentice’

NBC has picked up a third cycle of “The Celebrity Apprentice.”

The renewal isn’t much of a surprise, given this season’s solid Sunday night performance for the show, which is produced by Mark Burnett and Donald Trump.

There had been Internet chatter about a return to the civilian edition of the “Apprentice” format, but for now, NBC is just confirming that the celebrity edition will be back next spring.

The 2010 cycle of “Apprentice” will be the ninth for the format, including six editions that featured “real” people competing to work for Mr. Trump.

“‘The Celebrity Apprentice’ is the ultimate business and reality show at the top of its game and has exploded in popularity this season while also raising an impressive amount of money for charity,” said Paul Telegdy, executive VP of alternative programming at NBC and Universal Media Studios. “It’s a valuable franchise and proven competitor.”

Mr. Trump said working on the various versions of “Apprentice” has “been an amazing adventure for me. … Its Emmy nominations and great success have translated into a wonderful experience. Working with Mark Burnett has been terrific, and I am greatly honored that NBC has renewed us for yet another season.”