J.J. Abrams isn’t overly worried about Fox’s decision to shift “Fringe” to Thursdays.
The writer-producer-director took a break from counting the massive box office take for his “Star Trek” reboot to weigh in on the network’s surprise scheduling shift.
“With realistic expectations, I have faith that ‘Fringe’ will thrive,” he said via e-mail.
“Fringe,” which Abrams co-created with fellow “Star Trek” moviemeisters Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, finished off its season strongly last week, both creatively and ratings-wise. The show ended with a stunning finale that introduced the concept of a parallel world in which (spoiler alert!) the White House was destroyed on Sept. 11, 2001, but not the World Trade Center.
Abrams said he thinks “Fringe” has the goods to deliver next fall
“I know that creatively we are at an exciting place and can’t wait for people to see what ‘Fringe’ has in store for season two,” he said.