Jamie Oliver, the celebrity chef whose ABC show "Food Revolution" won an Emmy last year, has vowed to go forward with or without the Los Angeles school district, which so far has rebuffed his efforts to overhaul its lunch program, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Oliver, who moved with his family to Los Angeles earlier this month, gave a keynote speech at the annual meeting of the California School Nutrition Association on Saturday, during which he said 75 school districts have refused his offers to help their lunch programs, the story notes.
Oliver now wants to find families who will let them enter their kitchens, with the show’s second season planned for spring, the article adds. Still, one California district appeared open to Oliver’s health-eating ideas, the story notes. At the conference, Rick Cota, director of nutrition services for the Claremont Unified School District, told Oliver he’d like to open his schools’ kitchens to him, the story notes.