A new autopsy report on singer Whitney Houston provided the most detailed account yet of how she died and of signs of drug abuse, Reuters reports.
According to the article, the autopsy report says Houston was found face down in the bathtub in her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
The story notes, "Whitney Houston drowned in a hot bathtub in a Beverly Hills hotel room with cocaine in her system and white powder nearby, a final coroner’s report revealed on Wednesday. Detectives found white powdery substances, a rolled-up piece of paper, a small spoon and a mirror in the bathroom shortly after Houston’s naked body was found face down in the bathtub on February 11, the 40-page Los Angeles County coroner’s report said."
The article continues, "Detectives said she was found in about 12 inches of extremely hot water, which was determined to be 93 Fahrenheit (34 Celsius) some six hours after her death."
Another account of the autopsy report, by the Associated Press, says, "The water was so hot it scalded part of her body."
The AP story continues, "The dozen prescription drug bottles found in Houston’s suite of the Beverly Hilton Hotel led investigators to initially suspect she died of an overdose, but after further examination and toxicology results they concluded she drowned accidentally. Heart disease, which caused a 60 percent blockage in one of her arteries, and cocaine use were listed as contributing factors.
"Toxicology results also showed Houston had marijuana, Xanax, the muscle relaxant Flexeril, and the allergy medication Benadryl in her system, but none are considered factors in her death. … An investigator noted a hole in the singer’s nose, listed under ‘history of substance abuse.’ ”