Jennifer Lopez Reveals Her Decision on Whether to Return to ‘Idol’

Jul 13, 2012  •  Post A Comment

“American Idol” judge Jennifer Lopez is putting an end to weeks of speculation about her future on the Fox singing competition, announcing today that she will not be back for season 12, TheWrap.com reports.

Lopez made the announcement in an interview with “Idol” host Ryan Seacrest on his radio show, “On the Air.”

The news confirms that the show will undergo major changes in its lineup, as it did two seasons ago when “Idol” brought aboard Lopez along with Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler. Tyler announced one day earlier that he was leaving the show, as previously reported.

The third judge, Randy Jackson, may also be headed out, as we reported earlier today, with one possibility being that he will remain with “Idol” as a mentor. Jackson is the only judge to last through all of the show’s first 11 seasons.

Now it’s a real possibility that season 12, which debuts this fall, will feature an all-new lineup of judges. Much of the attention has already been focused on who will be in the judges’ chairs in fall, with Mariah Carey, Adam Lambert and Fergie among the names that have bubbled to the top.

Lopez said during her interview with Seacrest: "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other the things that I have to do, that I’ve put kind of on hold because I love ‘Idol’ so much."

She added: "We had an amazing run."

The report notes: “She remained open to returning for the first episode of the show’s next season. But she said her children and career goals didn’t leave her time to return full time.”

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)