Legendary ex-WNBC Anchor Points the Blame for Her Famous On-Air F-Bomb

Oct 18, 2012  •  Post A Comment

Legendary WNBC-TV anchor Sue Simmons, who was ousted from the New York City station in June, explained why she uttered her infamous f-bomb on air in 2008 — blaming it in part on her co-anchor, Chuck Scarborough, reports the New York Post.

Simmons, who spoke at the New York Association of Black Journalists, which awarded her a Lifetime Achievement Award, noted, "Chuck had been in his computer Googling a lot lately and not paying attention."

She continued, "I wanted to get his attention so I said, ‘What the f–k are you doing?!’ ” she said. “Would you believe, he still didn’t hear me?”

She added that production assistants hadn’t warned her that they were still on the air while promotional teasers ran.

Simmons, 70, was reportedly booted from the station earlier this year because of her high salary.

In case you missed it, here’s an uncensored clip of the original incident:

2 Comments

  1. I don’t see what so many people got upset about. All she was doing is voicing what viewers are thinking when they watch a newscast.

  2. I think it is good that it wasn’t her fault. It is nice to hear that it was her co-host’s fault that she uttered those words on the air. That makes it ok and clearly he is the one who should have been fired for making her say those things. Imagine if they had kept her at the station and allowed him to keep making her say things like that, there is no telling WHAT he might have eventually made her say. ;-)

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)