NBC’s ‘Munsters’ Remake in Trouble

Oct 2, 2012  •  Post A Comment

The remake of "The Munsters" is apparently dead at NBC, with executives leaning toward passing on the project, reports Deadline.com.

The Bryan Fuller project has been at the network since the 2010-11 development cycle, with the script one of the few kept in the works when Bob Greenblatt joined as entertainment chief in 2011, the story notes.

While the pilot was said to be visually striking, similar to Fuller’s "Pushing Daisies," the project "didn’t quite work," the story notes. The project featured Jerry O’Connell as Herman Munster, Portia de Rossi as his wife and Eddie Izzard as Grandpa. Fuller is also working on “Hannibal," which has a midseason order.

Bryan Fuller issued a tweet that said the story is "Dead Wrong" and added that readers should stay tuned for updates.

2 Comments

  1. I’d say that redoing The Munsters was one of the worst ideas in television. But with Bryan Fuller in charge, I can’t wait to see what he can do with this. I thought Pushing Daisies was brilliant.
    At the very least, I wish NBC would let us view the pilot to judge for ourselves. And that goes for EVERY show that doesn’t get a series order. Let the public see — and if there’s a groundswell of support, maybe they can take another look…

  2. The idea of Fuller being behind it is a little intriguing but everything I’ve heard so far just sounds worse and worse. I hope it’s as dead as Disco.

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)