Charlie Sheen’s ex-wife, who was rushed to a hospital Friday, is denying that she had a drug overdose and is playing down media reports of drug problems, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.
A representative for Brooke Mueller said the reports have it wrong, and Mueller was just exhausted.
“Mueller, who is the mother of Sheen’s twin sons, Max and Bob, was allegedly rushed to hospital after she was found unresponsive by an assistant at her home in Tarzana, Calif.,” the story reports. “But her spokesman Steve Honig, who until recently represented another embattled star, Lindsay Lohan, insists the drama has been blown out of proportion.”
Honig told WENN: “An assistant thought Brooke was non-responsive while she was napping and hastily called an ambulance.
“As a precaution, Brooke was brought to a local hospital and discharged after an hour. She was diagnosed with exhaustion and dehydration and is now fine and resting at home. That’s it.”
The report adds: “Mueller has battled drug addiction in recent years and checked herself in to a drug recovery center in 2011 in a bid to regain her health. She has been in and out of rehab since, and signed up for a wellness retreat earlier this year to maintain her sobriety.”
TMZ reports that Mueller said she obtained medical records to prove drugs were not involved in the incident. TMZ also reportedly talked with Mueller’s assistant, who admitted she overreacted.
The assistant “tells us she’s new on the job, freaked out when she couldn’t get Brooke to wake up and mentioned Brooke’s history of drug abuse when she was talking to the 911 operator,” TMZ reports.
TMZ quotes the assistant saying: "I made a mistake … I overreacted."
But the TMZ report adds: “Brooke’s friends and family members, including her mother, have been very worried about Brooke’s drug use for the past couple of weeks. Publicly, Brooke’s mom has been an apologist for Brooke … but privately, she’s expressed deep concern.”
TMZ reported Saturday: “Last night, Brooke told us she had been making jewelry nonstop for the past several days … and was so exhausted, she simply passed out cold.”