Geraldo Rivera Says Two Particular Complaints Convinced Him to Take Down Half-Naked Selfie

July 26, 2013  •  Post A Comment

Fox News anchor Geraldo Rivera said he took down his infamous half-naked selfie from Twitter after he got two complaints: one from his daughter, and the other from Fox News, reports TVNewser.

As previously reported, Rivera posted the half-naked picture of himself Sunday morning, writing, "70 is the new 50." (Rivera turned 70 on July 4.)

Rivera, who gave the explanation in an interview with radio station WPLJ in New York, said he received a text from his daughter and a phone call from Fox News.

Speaking of his daughter, Rivera said she wrote in all caps, "TAKE THAT THING DOWN RIGHT NOW." He added, "I took it down the next day after I heard from Fox. I just heard from Fox to take it down, I haven’t heard the next sentence yet.”

Explaining why he posted the photo in the first place, Rivera blamed tequila, the story notes.

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)