More details have surfaced about an incident Monday night that landed former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes in lockup for mental evaluation. Bynes accidentally got gasoline on her pet Pomeranian while setting a fire in a woman’s driveway, and ran into a liquor store to try to clean off the dog, reports TMZ.com.
As previously reported, the actress was hospitalized Monday night on a 5150 — an involuntary psychiatric hold — after setting a small fire in a residential driveway.
Bynes was caught on surveillance video entering the liquor store just minutes after she reportedly set the fire in Thousand Oaks, Calif. She entered a restricted "employees only" area while holding her dog in outstretched arms.
The cashier, concerned something was wrong, left the register and followed Bynes to find out what was going on. The owner of the store told TMZ that the cashier smelled gasoline and saw Bynes trying to rinse off the dog in a sink in the back area. After the cashier confronted Bynes, she reportedly "freaked out" and left the store, the article says.
The website later reported that the dog was OK after being turned over to Bynes’ parents.