Barbara Walters apparently isn’t slowing down ahead of her retirement. The TV news and talk fixture just conducted a high-profile interview: a sit-down with the parents of George Zimmerman, reports the Los Angeles Times’ Show Tracker.
Portions of the interview with Robert and Gladys Zimmerman aired Monday night on "World News with Diane Sawyer" and "Nightline," and the interview was scheduled to be featured this morning on "Good Morning America."
Zimmerman was found not guilty of second-degree murder in the death of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin. He’s suing NBC News, which admitted to editing a 911 call in a way that made it appear Zimmerman was focused on race.
In the interview, according to a clip posted by ABC News, Zimmerman’s mother said they, their son and his legal counsel have received death threats. Asked whether their son could resume a normal life, his mother said, "I don’t know … we have lost everything."
Walters officially announced her retirement back in May, as we reported previously, with her plan being to leave TV journalism in summer 2014.
Here’s a clip from the interview: