The TV future of a chef is being questioned amid charge of alleged drug use.
Because of the charge, ABC executives are reportedly considering whether to invite Nigella Lawson back for a third season of “The Taste,” reports the New York Daily News.
The drug claims emerged in a London trial, as a court ruled that two former aides to the TV chef could use her “bad character” in their defense against charges they defrauded Lawson and her husband, according to the U.K.’s Telegraph.
The aides, Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo, claim that Lawson allowed them to spend the disputed money on holidays and designer items as a way to ensure their silence about her drug use, the story says.
A prosecutor said Lawson has called the claims “totally scurrilous” and false, the Telegraph notes.
An ABC representative told the Daily News that the next season of “The Taste” is already taped and is so far scheduled to air starting on Jan. 2, 2014.