CBS appears to be close to a deal with Apple to be a part of Apple TV after CBS CEO Leslie Moonves said he will “probably” do a deal, USA Today reports.
Speaking at the tech-oriented Code Conference today in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif., Moonves indicated he met last week with Apple exec Eddy Cue. Said Moonves: “Apple TV is trying to change the universe a little bit, as did Sling, as did Sony. What Apple will offer … are a more select group (of channels) for a lower price.”
The report adds: “For all the changes happening, Moonves told the Code crowd that 70% of the CBS audience are still watching shows during the time period in which they air. But he admits that number is declining.The other 30% might be catching up via DVR. Moonves says they’re still going to be watching and ‘we’re going to get paid for it.'”