ABC News sent out a release today touting what amounts to a sweep of every daypart for the news division during May sweeps.
The division announced that it finished sweeps at No. 1 in every daypart for the first time since 1995. The release highlights the following achievements:
• “World News” Wins Adults 25-54 — First Sweeps Victory in More Than Six Years
• “Good Morning America” Wins May Sweeps in Total Viewers and Adults 25-54, Drawing Largest Demo Lead Over NBC in 20 Years
• “Nightline” Wins Total Viewer Sweeps for First Time Ever in New Time Period, Delivering ABC’s Largest May Sweeps Audience in the Time Slot in 12 Years
• “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” Finishes #1 in Adults 25-54, Winning First Sweeps Victory in Key News Demo in Nearly 21 Years
• “20/20” Wins Adults 18-49 for the May Sweeps and Final 6 Telecasts of the Season