An actress who was found dead in her home two months ago died because of an accidental drug overdose, according to the autopsy.
TMZ.com reports that Amanda Peterson, known for her role as Cindy Mancini in the 1987 comedy “Can’t Buy Me Love,” was found to have “a variety of prescription drugs in her system, including benzodizepines (anti-anxiety meds), opiates and phenothiazines (an anti-psychotic medication). She also had marijuana in her system.”
The report cites the Weld County Coroner in Colorado. Peterson was found at her home in Greeley after her family became concerned when Peterson failed to show up for a family dinner July 3. She was 43.
“One of the drugs in her system — Gabapentin — was prescribed for pain and the medical examiner said she had 6 times the normal level in her system,” TMZ reports, adding: “The report says Peterson was ‘naive to opiates.'”
Peterson was reportedly self-medicating to control pain. The coroner’s report says she died due to a “morphine effect,” which causes respiratory failure, TMZ notes.