Apr 27, 2009
'Chuck': Schwartz's Top Five
The Internets have been blowing up today in anticipation of tonight's "Chuck" season finale. Our research spy in TV land indicates that the NBC show is getting a new mention on Twitter at least once every 1.5 minutes. And if all goes according to plan, the Subristas who work the line at Subways everywhere should be bracing for some long lines tonight.
Charles in charge, indeed.
What more could Nerd Herd lovers want—besides, you know, great ratings and a third season of "Chuck"?
Well, how about a Very Special Guest Post by none other than Josh Schwartz, the show's co-creator? We asked, and he delivered a TV MoJoe Planetary Exclusive:
The Top Five Reasons NBC Should Renew "Chuck," by Josh Schwartz
1. It's the only family-friendly action comedy on television. We grew up with these shows in the '80s, and it would be terrible if kids today didn't have their own explosion-filled romantic comedy to watch.
2. Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski are movie stars in the making. They're amazing actors, incredibly funny, and they have the X factor ... so much chemistry. We'd also point out the Cult of Adam Baldwin here, but, in truth, we're scared to even mention the cult.
3. Our season finale ends with a game-changing cliffhanger. Not only does it cap an incredible season, it propels Chuck into even greater and more exciting adventures.
4. The "Chuck" cast. They're incredible. They're funny. They sometimes form themselves into pop supergroups (see: Jeffster) We also have an amazing guest cast: Michael Clarke Duncan, Nicole Richie, Chevy Chase, Scott Bakula, John Larroquette, Jordana Brewster, Dominic Monaghan and many others. Who will you see next?
5. Lastly, Chris Fedak said people will burn down their living rooms if this is the series finale. And if they do, he'll be arrested. He has a baby on the way. For that child's sake, we need to keep the show on so people don't torch their TVs, which would lead to Chris' incarceration.