The Worst TV Shows of 2012 -- Here's One Prominent Critic's Bottom 15 THR
When it comes to the worst television programs of 2012, “I could have kept going to 150,” writes well-known television critic Tim Goodman in The Hollywood Reporter. Among his many year-end lists, Goodman managed to narrow it down to the 15 worst shows.
Here’s his list, with selected comments from Goodman's report in THR:
1. Neighbors (ABC) - The mere fact that Neighbors got on the air is bad enough. That it wasn’t abhorred by the masses is even worse. It managed numbers good enough for ABC to keep it on the air and keep the Gods of Culture weeping.
2. Guys With Kids (NBC) - Jimmy Fallon pitched NBC a skit. They bought it. Then realized it was essentially a one-joke skit. Wah-wah-wah.
3. Emily Owens, M.D. (CW) - So bad even the CW canceled it. An embarrassment for all women.
4. Malibu Country (ABC)
5. Made In Jersey (CBS)
6. 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - Vagina, vagina, racist joke, vagina, vagina, hipster, penis.
7. Partners (CBS)
8. Whitney (NBC)
9. Scandal (ABC)
10. Glee (Fox) - Come on, you’re not still watching this are you?
11. The Mob Doctor (Fox)
12. American Horror Story (Fox)
13. 666 Park Avenue (ABC) - Hell, at least AHS is scary. This was the least scary devil series in history.
14. Animal Practice (NBC)
15. Beauty and the Beast (CW)