AMC Cancels 'Shootout,' Plans 'StoryMakers' Specials
AMC has canceled its Sunday morning show “Shootout” featuring Peter Bart and Peter Guber, but said it plans to bring the duo back to host a series of primetime specials called “AMC StoryMakers.”
“StoryMakers” will feature top actors joining Mr. Bart and Mr. Guber in a roundtable discussion of entertainment industry headlines. The first special is scheduled to air Feb. 13 at 8 p.m., as excitement builds over the Feb. 22 Academy Awards. Two other specials are planned for this year.
“AMC wanted to create a venue for two of the industry's most influential personalities to talk to the people who are out there making the stories we love,” said Joel Stillerman, senior VP of original programming, production and digital content for AMC. “The roundtable format allows us to present something that is much more about honoring the craft of acting and filmmaking in a conversational setting.”
“Shootout” has been on AMC since 2003. The last original episode of the weekly series appeared last month. The show continues to air in reruns.