CBS and Sprint today shook hands on a deal that will make CBS programming available to Sprint TV subscribers.
Beginning in April, users will be able to stream to their handsets live mobilecasts, full episodes and video clips of select CBS programs.
In exchange for the rights to distribute the shows, CBS will have open access to sell advertising during the programs, which will come in the form of short commercials before the clips and as spots within the news simulcasts.
Shows included in the deal:
- live nightly mobilecasts of “CBS Evening News with Katie Couric”
- full episodes of “Jericho” on demand
- video clips from primetime shows including “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” “CSI: Miami,” “CSI: NY,” “Numb3ers,” “NCIS” and “Survivor”
- daily clips from late-night talk shows the “Late Show with David Letterman” and “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson”
- daily clips from “Entertainment Tonight”
- classic clips from series in the CBS Paramount library including “The Brady Bunch” and “I Love Lucy”
In January, Sprint struck a deal with Fox that brought previews of “24” episodes to Sprint Power Vision and Sprint TV subscribers’ cellphones.