A reality show built around rapper and actor CeeLo Green has been canceled, just as Green, a former judge on the NBC program “The Voice,” is at the center of a firestorm over controversial comments he made on Twitter about rape, Variety reports.
“The tweets, now deleted from the account, asserted that women can only be raped if they are conscious, and compared rape to a home invasion. Green faced allegations of sexual assault in 2012, and on Aug. 29 pleaded no contest in Los Angeles to a drug charge,” Variety reports. “The outrage stirred by the comments sparked calls for TBS to cancel the reality show ‘CeeLo Green’s The Good Life.’ However, a source said the show was already axed after it completed its first season run earlier this year.”
Green reportedly tweeted: “If someone is passed out they’re not even WITH you consciously! so WITH Implies consent.”
He added, according to the report: “People who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!”
The report notes: “Green had previously been accused of furnishing the drug ecstasy to a woman who alleged that he sexually assaulted her in 2012. The woman told investigators that she woke up naked in bed next to Green, though prosecutors did not pursue a rape charge on the grounds of insufficient evidence.”
Green entered a no contest plea last week to a felony count of furnishing ecstasy to the woman, the story notes. He reportedly received probation and community service.