Since news broke Thursday that Prince was found dead at 57, a number of television outlets have begun announcing plans for tributes to the music icon.
Among the announcements:
- ABC will air “Prince: Death of a Legend” on a special edition of “20/20” tonight, Friday, April 22, from 10:01-11 p.m. ET.
- OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network will re-air a 1996 installment of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” featuring an interview with Prince, with the telecast set for Saturday, April 23, at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
- VH1 began a four-day slate of special Prince programming Thursday evening, with airings of “Purple Rain” continuing through Sunday.
- BET Networks began pre-empting its regular programming Thursday across BET, BET Jams, BET Soul and Centric to play a marathon of Prince videos that continues into the weekend.
- AXS TV announced plans to celebrate the life and legacy of Prince with a special programming lineup Saturday, April 23, that will include the Prince edition of “Rock Legends” and the television premiere of the documentary “Slave Trade: How Prince Re-made the Music Business.”