Vivendi CEO Jean-Bernard Levy, speaking at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia conference, wouldn’t say what the company plans to do with its 20% stake in NBC Universal, but he did talk about possible scenarios should the company decide to get out, B&C reports.
The next exit window is in November.
Outlining the possibilities, B&C quoted him as saying: "An IPO is possible, if we do exercise the put option we go and prepare for an IPO. Unless GE uses a preemption right and buys us out at a price.
"It can go that GE buys us out or at the end of several months the company goes public, assuming we do exercise. But you understand a decision has not been made."