Barbara Walters’ ABC Oscar night specials are as close to an institution as it ever gets on TV. This year’s editon, to be seen next month, will be No. 30 for her.
And, it will be her last one, Walters revealed on "The View" on Monday, Feb. 15, according to numerous news accounts.
Walters told viewers, "I think I’m sick of them," the Los Angeles Times’ Show Tracker blog reported. "I feel I’ve been there, done that. 29 years is enough."
Reported the Times, "When grilled by her co-hosts about why she was pulling the annual telecast, which performs well with viewers and is well-respected in the industry, she said she felt she had been doing the same thing for 29 years."
The special, seen Oscar night, this year features interviews with Oscar nominees Mo’Nique and Sandra Bullock.