Logo

TBS Cancels ‘My Boys,’ After Opting Not to Release Cast for NBC Shows Earlier in Development Season

Sep 15, 2010  •  Post A Comment

The cast of "My Boys" may be having a tough day, and not just because TBS canceled the show after four seasons, reports Joe Flint in the Los Angeles Times’ Company Town blog.

Earlier this year, TBS declined to release the cast to pursue other shows, leading two cast members to walk away from NBC programs: Jordana Spiro and Kyle Howard for its midseason comedies "Love Bites" and "Perfect Couples," respectively, the story says.

That apparent vote of confidence in the future of "My Boys," a comedy about a female sports columnist in Chicago, was undermined by the cable network’s decision to shift the program to a 10 p.m. Sunday time slot from Tuesdays at 10 p.m., the story points out. The result was a drop in its ratings.

While TBS didn’t do anything wrong, perhaps it should have given the actors a conditional release, the article says.

At the very least, maybe TBS can ask Conan O’Brien to book Spiro and Howard on his new late-night show, Flint writes.

One Comment

  1. Right or wrong, TBS looks bad in this.

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)