The Hollywood Foreign Press Association is saying not to worry about what its lawyers told a judge last week in the United States District Court for the Central District of California about next year’s Golden Globes being in jeopardy, reports The New York Times’ Media Decoder.
The association’s attorneys had said that the proposed timetables for its lawsuit against Dick Clark Productions put the show at risk, the story notes. The case claims that Dick Clark Productions improperly took rights to the Globes by moving to renew a broadcast deal with NBC, the article notes.
But the press association said Monday that the show will go on. "Regardless of the legal proceedings, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association will present the Sixty-Ninth Annual Golden Globe Awards Show as scheduled in January 2012," the organization said in a statement, according to the piece.