Jim Early, a blogger who was sued last year by "Survivor" producer Mark Burnett and CBS, alleges his source for leaking secret information about the show was "Survivor" villain Russell Hantz, the New York Post reports.
"Survivor" cast members must sign agreements that they won’t reveal contestant eliminations or the winner selection, and if they do, they’re liable for $5 million of "liquidated damages," the story notes.
Early was sued by Burnett’s DJB Inc. for "misappropriation of trade secrets" and "tortious interference with contract," although the suit was dismissed Jan. 13 when Early agreed to identify the source of his information.
The story adds, "Hantz, who was unavailable for comment, has answered back on his Facebook page: "that missyae is the same person that said kimbo slice and carrie prejean was on survivor 22 lmao!! I never seen them lol," he wrote on Jan. 22.
Also, according to the story, CBS said in a statement, "As the show has progressed in years and the Internet has grown in scope, the number of these [spoiler] sites has increased with periodic claims of unauthorized leaks from people connected to the show. We’ve investigated some of these claims. Each time, we’ve peeled back the curtain to find a subculture of the show with fans/bloggers simultaneously networking and competing with each other for spoiler information….Outwit, outplay, outlast. It happens more than just on the air."
Russell is slated to make his third appearance on "Survivor" in the show’s next season.