After Major League Baseball took over operations of the Los Angeles Dodgers and put a TV deal with Fox on hold, Dodgers owner Frank McCourt said he’s "not going anywhere," reports Bloomberg.
McCourt is considering suing over the takeover ordered last week by MLB Commissioner Bud Selig, McCourt said at a news conference Wednesday. "Nobody handed the Dodgers to me and nobody’s going to take them away,” McCourt said.
Selig hasn’t vetoed the TV deal with Fox, but he probably won’t make a decision until MLB finishes looking at the team’s finances, according to an MLB statement, the story says. McCourt said the 17-year deal with Fox Sports would give the Dodgers a $300 million boost through an equity stake in the cable network, while none of the proceeds would go to personal expenses.