Logo

‘America’s Most Wanted’ Producer Confirms He’s Shopping the Show Around

May 18, 2011  •  Post A Comment

"America’s Most Wanted" producer and host John Walsh told The New York Times that he’s looking for other outlets for the show after Fox said it was demoting the program to quarterly specials.

The effective cancellation took Walsh by surprise, although he had been thinking about cutting back the number of episodes per year, the story says. “It’s going to be tough to wind it down to specials,” he said.

Walsh is considering taking the program into syndication, where local stations or groups could buy the episodes. He also noted that he has heard from "a lot of different entities," although he didn’t name them.

"America’s Most Wanted" was canceled in 1996, only to have the decision reversed after Fox received letters and petitions, including one signed by 39 governors, the piece notes.

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)