Logo

’30 Rock’s’ Lorne Michaels Talks About the Show’s Future — With or Without Alec Baldwin

Aug 2, 2011  •  Post A Comment

“30 Rock” executive producer Lorne Michaels has provided some insights into what may lie ahead for the NBC show, reports Joe Adalian in New York Magazine’s Vulture blog.

Michaels, who appeared at the TCA press tour to promote his new sitcom “Up All Night,” said he believes "30 Rock" will continue even if star Alec Baldwin leaves. He said he can’t imagine a scenario in which next season would be the show’s last.

Asked what the show will do if Baldwin, who has previously indicated he might leave the series, departs next spring, Michaels responded, "I can’t imagine doing the show without Alec, but I couldn’t imagine doing [‘Saturday Night Live’] without Chevy [Chase]," he said. "And we’re still on the air."

He added that he believes star and creator Tina Fey is "completely committed to the show," the piece adds.

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)