The launch of a new restaurant owned by celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay was a washout — literally — according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Ramsay’s Montreal eatery Laurier Gordon Ramsay had to be evacuated during Wednesday’s opening night because of a malfunctioning sprinkler system that soaked the establishment.
Ramsay himself was not on the premises, the story reports, having participated in a ribbon cutting the previous day.
The restaurant’s Twitter account posted this message: "Due to a problem with our sprinkler, we evacuated the restaurant. The sprinkler is being inspected. Update to follow."
The restaurant also issued an apology to its customers.