Logo

Ricky Gervais Says He’s Been Asked to Host Golden Globes Again

Aug 29, 2011  •  Post A Comment

Ricky Gervais, who was warned he wouldn’t work in Hollywood again after his controversial turn as the host of the Golden Globes back in January, said he’s been invited back to host the awards ceremony, reports the Guardian newspaper.

Gervais said NBC has asked him to host again next year, but he indicated he’s unlikely to accept the offer, the story says.

"I love NBC; I love the fact they stuck by me through it," Gervais told interviewer Richard Bacon at the MediaGuardian Edinburgh International Television Festival. Asked whether he would consider returning, he replied, "I am, but I shouldn’t do it. It’s a second encore. Don’t do a second encore. I don’t think I should do it. What am I going back as?"

Gervais stirred up controversy with jokes at the expense of Charlie Sheen, Hugh Hefner, Robert Downey Jr. and others at the ceremony earlier this year. During the interview, he addressed his critics: "Just because you are offended doesn’t mean you are right. People fall into this myth that I’m a shock comedian. I’ve never been that. People say I crossed the line but I didn’t draw the fucking line, you did."

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)