A popular cable news host was one of only a few voices expressing a negative reaction to Tuesday’s decision in the Amanda Knox case, USA Today reports.
HLN host Nancy Grace, currently taking a break from her show to compete on “Dancing With the Stars,” was unhappy to hear the news, according to the story.
"I was very disturbed, because I think it is a huge miscarriage of justice," Grace told “Access Hollywood,” the story reports. "I believe that while Amanda Knox did not wield the knife herself, I think that she was there, with her boyfriend, and that he did the deed, and that she egged him on. That’s what I think happened."
Knox was back home in the U.S. today after being released from prison in Italy. She was jailed for about four years until a court in Perugia overturned her convictions on murder charges.
During her appeal, Knox denied she was in the apartment when her roommate, Meredith Kercher, was killed. Knox said in her final appeal: "She had her bedroom next to mine. She was killed in our own apartment. If I had been there that night, I would be dead. I did not kill. I did not rape. I did not steal. I wasn’t there."
Grace also said of Knox, “I don’t wish her ill will.” But the host said she won’t try to get an interview with Knox. “I don’t think she’s going to tell the truth anyway, so what’s the point?" Grace said, according to the report.