ABC appeared to go into damage control after a co-star of one of its dramas implied in an Internet message that the show has been canceled.
According to a tweet from "Pan Am" co-star Karine Vanasse, the ABC drama will soon be grounded, reports EW.com’s Inside TV blog.
“Well, we received THE call, #PanAm is only coming back for one more episode after Christmas. But up to the end, we’ll give it our all!,” she wrote, according to the story.
ABC had ordered 13 episodes for the debut season, then ordered just one additional show, rather than the typical back nine, the story says. "Unless the Sunday night show’s ratings pull up (pull up!), ‘Pan Am’ won’t likely fly again," the article notes.
But ABC shot down talk that the show had been canceled, saying that the program is still in contention for next season, reports Advertising Age.
"We are shooting 14 episodes and airing 14 episodes," network spokeswoman Erin Felentzer told Ad Age. "It is still in contention for next season."