Logo

Simon Cowell, Fox Exec Mike Darnell and Paula Abdul Herself Talk About Her Leaving ‘X Factor’

Jan 31, 2012  •  Post A Comment

After what amounts to the mass firing of regular cast members from Fox’s “X Factor,” as reported early today, the show’s creator has broken his silence.

USA Today reports that Simon Cowell issued a statement thanking all three departing cast members — host Steve Jones and judges Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul — but singling out one of them for the highest praise.

Cowell said in the statement: "I want to say a massive thank you to Paula, Nicole and Steve for being part of ‘The X Factor’ last year. We had a lot of fun making the show together and importantly, we found some real talent and stars. You do develop friendships with the people you work with and Paula, in particular, is a very close friend and I expect to be working with her on another project in the near future.”

Fox’s president of alternative entertainment, Mike Darnell, also had words of encouragement for Abdul. In a statement, Darnell said: "We love Paula. She is a remarkable talent and we appreciate all of her contributions. We’re lucky that she is a part of the Fox family, and we look forward to working with her again soon."

Abdul was equally warm and fuzzy in her own statement on the situation, saying: "I’ve learned through my longevity in this industry that business decisions oftentimes override personal considerations. Simon and I, along with Fox and Fremantle, have been communicating about this for a while now, and I have absolute understanding of the situation. Simon is and will remain a dear friend of mine and I’ve treasured my experience working this past season with my extended family at Fox and Fremantle. I want nothing more than for ‘The X Factor’ to exceed ALL of their wildest dreams.”

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)