ESPN has reorganized its content division and launched a development department to create original content for multiple platforms.
The development department will be headed by Keith Clinkscales, senior VP, content development and enterprises.
ESPN said the move signifies an expansion of ESPN Original Entertainment into a multiplatform content creator.
Mr. Clinkscales continues to oversee ESPN Publishing and ESPN The Magazine and reports directly to John Skipper, ESPN executive VP, content.
Also reporting to Mr. Skipper in the new structure are:
- Norby Williamson, ESPN executive VP, production
- John Wildhack, ESPN executive VP, program acquisitions and strategy
- David Berson, ESPN executive VP, program planning and strategy
- John Walsh, ESPN executive VP & executive editor
- Marie Donoghue, ESPN senior VP, business affairs and business development
- John Kosner, ESPN senior VP and general manager, digital media
“Our success will clearly be enhanced by presenting quality content across all of our company’s assets,” Mr. Skipper said. “This management structure supports the multiplatform strategy that’s ingrained in our culture and recognizes the benefits of streamlining specific functions under a team of talented individuals.”