Press release from Amazon, Jan. 19, 2017:
Amazon today announced that the highly acclaimed Amazon Original Series Sneaky Pete, which premiered on January 13th, has been renewed for a second season. The series was the second most streamed original scripted series on an opening day, behind The Man in the High Castle.
Sneaky Pete was co-created and is executive produced by Emmy winner Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), and executive produced by Graham Yost (The Americans), who is also the showrunner, as well as Michael Dinner and Fred Golan (Justified), and James Degus (All The Way).
The series features an ensemble cast led by Giovanni Ribisi (Avatar) alongside Marin Ireland (Side Effects), Peter Gerety (Prime Suspect), Libe Barer (Parenthood), Shane McRae (Still Alice), Michael Drayer (Mr. Robot), and three-time Emmy Winner Margo Martindale (The Americans). Sneaky Pete is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television and is now available exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
“Bryan Cranston and Graham Yost have done a masterful job of steering the cast to fantastic performances,” said Joe Lewis, Head of Comedy and Drama, Amazon Studios. “Both the critical response and our customers’ engagement with the series are key factors in our enthusiasm to bring our audience a second season of Sneaky Pete.”
Prime members can now stream all 10 episodes of Sneaky Pete at no additional cost to their Prime membership with the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices and mobile devices, or online at www.Amazon.com/SneakyPete. Prime members can also download the series for offline viewing on iOS, Android and Fire devices at no additional cost. In addition to SD and HD, the series is also available in 4K Ultra HD on Amazon Fire TV and compatible smart TVs from Samsung, LG and Sony. The show will also be available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories. Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free 30-day trial at amazon.com/prime.
Here’s what customers have to say:
- “Engrossing, superb acting. An exciting show rivaling any of the best. Can’t wait to finish the series.”
- “Outstanding cast – each member brings their own unique characteristics in a perfect blend. Good combination of comedy and drama without the needless sexual antics seen in many contemporary shows.”
- “I loved this show. Had a little of everything; intrigue, comedy, family, suspense, violence and a heart! Can’t wait for season 2!”
- “The acting was phenomenal, the storyline was intriguing, keeping you guessing what would happen next till the end!”
- “Awesome show! I always love a good con man storyline. Plus you can’t go wrong with Giovanni Ribisi and Bryan Cranston!”
- “Love it. Makes me feel a lot like I did when I was watching Breaking Bad. Highly recommend!”
Here’s what critics have to say:
- “(Sneaky Pete) is fun—a pleasing balance of slick, Ocean’s Eleven-style con jobs and tense, close-call escapes.” – Entertainment Weekly
- “Once you watch the first episode of Sneaky Pete… I dare you not to start binge-watching its 10 episodes.” – Ken Tucker, Yahoo TV
- “Sneaky Pete is immediately likeable, unspooling with exhilaration and then, almost when we’re not expecting or even needing it to, the series develops other favorable attributes that hint at a longer, more complex run… THE BOTTOM LINE: Let this be a long con…” – Tim Goodman, The Hollywood Reporter
- “… a nice turn from Marin Ireland as Pete’s cousin and Marius’ fellow bond agent. As for Cranston and Martindale, their work is as riveting and entertaining as always – filled with humor, menace, nuance and a lively intelligence.” – Robert Bianco, USA TODAY
- “Graham Yost sustains a tone of suspenseful and offbeat humor in this well-cast, smartly written sleeper.” – Matt Roush, TV Guide