Press release from CBS, May 15, 2019:
CBS will finish the 2018-2019 season as “America’s Most Watched Network” for the 11th straight season and for the 16th time in 17 years. So far, CBS has won an incredible 21 out of 33 weeks this year, including the last 11 in a row, to take the crown yet again. Impressively, even when discounting the Network’s massive Super Bowl audience, it will still win the season by 16%.
CBS is now averaging 9.03 million viewers, +1.7 million viewers, or +23% ahead of second place NBC (versus 7.32), +59% ahead of ABC (5.68m) and +64% ahead of Fox (5.49m). All numbers are according to Nielsen most current ratings through May 12. The Network also is first in adults 25-54 (2.2, tie) and only -0.1 behind in adults 18-49 (1.5).
According to Nielsen NPower (6+ minute qualifier), CBS has reached 239 million viewers this season across all dayparts, beating its closest competitor (NBC) by +9.4 million viewers.
The following are some additional highlights of CBS’ winning 2018-2019 season:
- CBS has 13 of the top 30 “most-watched” broadcast series.
- CBS has 12 time-period-winning programs, more than all other networks combined.
- 10 CBS series are averaging 10+ million viewers, more than any other network.
- CBS has eight of the top 10 comedies – more than the other networks combined.
- CBS has 11 of the top 20 broadcast dramas – more than the other networks combined.
- All three series in the NCIS franchise deliver more than 10 million viewers.
- THE BIG BANG THEORY is the season’s most-watched series.
- YOUNG SHELDON is the season’s #2 comedy and MOM is #3 (both behind THE BIG BANG THEORY).
- NCIS is the season’s most-watched drama.
- FBI is the most-watched new series.
- 60 MINUTES is the most-watched news program.