Press release from E!, May 10, 2019:
- The E! People’s Choice Awards will air on Sunday, November 10 from 9-11pm ET/PT
- Will broadcast from Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California
- All 43 categories will be brought back including “The Movie of 2019,” “The Show 2019,” “The Album 2019” and “The Beauty Influencer of 2019”
- Den of Thieves’ Jesse Ignjatovic and Evan Prager & Wilshire Studios return to produce the telecast
Last year’s telecast:
- The musical performances last year were Nikki Minaj, John Legend and Rita Ora
- Our Icon award recipients last year were Melissa McCarthy (People’s Icon), Victoria Beckham (Fashion Icon) and Bryan Stevenson (People’s Champion)
- Last year, the inaugural telecast of the E! People’s Choice Awards reached 4.1 million total viewers and 1.8 million P18-49 across the networks of NBCUniversal including E!, Bravo, SYFY, Universo and USA Network.
- On E! specifically, it marked the youngest-skewing “People’s Choice Awards” in Nielsen recorded history with an audience composition 4x more concentrated with P18-34 than the previous year’s telecast on CBS.
- The telecast, which trended worldwide, ranked as E!’s most-social telecast of all time generating 104% more social engagements than the previous year on CBS.
- The telecast generated a total of 34 million engagements with E!-produced digital and social content (including page/video views, likes, comments and shares)
- According to Nielsen Social, the event ranks as the #1 most social telecast season to-date among ad-supported cable networks
- Leading up to the event, more than a quarter of a billion votes were cast.
Fans can follow every moment as the event unfolds and get exclusive behind-the-scenes content on “E! News” digital at eonline.com, by downloading the “E! News” app, @enews across social platforms (Instagram, Twitter and Facebook), @e_news on Snapchat, @eentertainment (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat), and @peopleschoice (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat).