FCC Releases Report on DTV Coverage Changes

Dec 24, 2008  •  Post A Comment

A new FCC report outlining changes in TV coverage areas after the DTV switch finds that of all 1,749 full-power TV stations in the U.S., 89% of them will see a net gain in viewers, while the other 11% will see a net drop, Broadcasting & Cable reports. The report also will include information on the 319 stations where more than 2% of viewers will not be receiving the same signal after the switch, the trade says. The FCC has approved a DTV translator service that will help broadcasters fill in some coverage gaps, as exposed during the Wilmington, N.C., switchover test earlier this year, B&C says.
—Sergio Ibarra

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)