Logo

Scripps Networks to Buy Controlling Interest in Travel Channel

Nov 5, 2009  •  Post A Comment

Scripps Networks Interactive has bested the bid by News Corp. to buy controlling interest in the Travel Channel from Cox Communications, reports Bloomberg.

Scripps agreed to pay $181 million for 65 percent of the channel, with Cox holding the other 35 percent. The Travel Channel will become part of Scripps Networks, which include HGTV, Food Network and DIY.

— Allison J. Waldman

One Comment

  1. Kudos for your write-up, I would certainly add this website to my own rss feeds, a buddy just informed me relating to this a while back. this is the best…

Leave a Reply to Oren Mcsherry Cancel Reply

Email (will not be published)