The dispute over the reality show “Shahs of Sunset” took a new turn Friday, with Ryan Seacrest Productions saying it could no longer work with striking editors and Bravo taking over the production, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“A Bravo spokesperson said that ‘no decision’ had been made on whether to replace the striking workers, but sources told The Hollywood Reporter that the network has decided to replace the editors,” the story reports.
In a statement, Ryan Seacrest Productions said, “Bravo controls the rights to ‘Shahs of Sunset’ and as a result, makes all final decisions regarding production and budgetary matters.”
The statement added, “RSP has deferred to the network’s decision for Bravo to assume all remaining production duties on ‘Shahs of Sunset.’ RSP will be unable to continue working with the editors that were previously engaged on this production.”
The decision not to rehire the striking editors was criticized by IATSE’s Motion Pictures Editors Guild, which is representing the editors, the story adds.
“The right to organize, including the right to strike, is enshrined in federal law,” said the guild in a statement. “It is an egregious violation of the law for any employer to discharge or otherwise retaliate against employees for exercising their right to organize. The Editors Guild and IATSE will aggressively defend the rights of our membership against all such violations.”