Updated at 11:52 a.m. PT on 11/25/2014 to add comments from ABC News website.
Updated again at 12:06 p.m. PT on 11/25/2014 to add statements from an ABC News press release about the interview.
Within the hour ABC’s George Stephanopoulos tweeted that he “just finished a more than hourlong interview with Officer Darren Wilson. No question off limits.” Here’s the picture that accompanied the tweet:
The ABC News website says: “Wilson told ABC News that he did not execute Brown but was in fear for his life and was just doing his job.
“This is the first time Wilson has made public remarks about the August 9 shooting. The interview comes a day after the grand jury’s decision not to indict Wilson in an incident that sparked national outcry.
“Tune into ‘World News Tonight’ at 6:30 p.m. EST to see the interview.”
Later, ABC News added these statements in a press release about the interview:
“Wilson told ABC News that Brown reached into his car and grabbed his gun. He described how Brown charged toward him and he felt that he had to shoot Michael Brown.”
“Wilson did say that he was sorry for the loss of life but he would not do anything different that day. He says he has a clean conscience over his actions that day.”
Landing an interview with Wilson was the focus of fierce competition among the key TV news outlets, as we reported Monday. ABC’s Stephanopoulos had been considered to be among the frontrunners to land the interview.