President Obama is visiting the ABC late-night show “Jimmy Kimmel Live” today, and that means roads will be closed in the Los Angeles area.
The L.A. Times reports: “Los Angeles police will help close roads in and around Hollywood starting at 3 p.m. for the president’s first visit to the show since his first White House campaign in 2008.”
The story lists the following road closures:
• Sepulveda Boulevard between Lincoln and Century boulevards will be closed from 3 to 5 p.m. and North Hollywood Way near Bob Hope Airport will be closed sometime between 3:30 and 5 p.m.
• Starting at 4 p.m., drivers should avoid Highland Avenue between the Hollywood Bowl and Sunset Boulevard as well as Ocean Avenue and San Vicente Boulevard in Santa Monica.
• Authorities also plan to close San Fernando Boulevard, Cohasset Street and Thorton, Burton and Tulare avenues between 4 and 5:30 p.m.
• Also in Santa Monica, 19th and 20th streets between Marguerita and Carlyle avenues will be closed until 7:30 p.m.
• About 1-1/2 southbound lanes on Avenue of the Stars after Galaxy Way will also be closed to traffic.