One of the big 4 broadcast networks appears to have a lock on daytime, having just wrapped up its 29th consecutive year at No. 1 in the daypart.
CBS Daytime announced that it ended the 2014-2015 broadcast year at No. 1. Among the individual milestones for its programs, the network said “Let’s Make a Deal” finished with its largest audience ever, “The Bold and the Beautiful” delivered its largest audience since 2005-06, “The Young and the Restless” had its largest audience since 2009-10 and “The Talk” topped “The View” in women 25-54 for the first time.
The announcement cites the most current Nielsen ratings for the 2014-2015 television year.
The network is putting the word out about the following milestones:
- “Let’s Make a Deal” 1 delivered a series best 3.06 million viewers with “Let’s Make a Deal” 2 also posting an all-time high audience of 3.54m, both up +4% from a year ago.
- “The Bold and the Beautiful” averaged 3.94m, up +2% and the daytime drama’s largest audience since the 2005-06 television year.
- “The Young and the Restless:” delivered 5.21m, a +1% increase from a year ago and its largest audience since the 2009-10 television year.
- “The Talk” topped “The View” for the first time in women 25-54 (1.0/06 vs. 0.9/06) and tied for the first time in women 18-49 (0.7/05) while averaging 2.60m.
- “The Price Is Right” 2 remained daytime’s #1 program averaging 5.58 million viewers.